Monday, July 4, 2011

They call me "Swoop"


I hope everybody had a nice 4th of July. I know I did. Mommy took me out to Crissy Field where I got to see the Golden Gate Bridge for the first time. Wahoo! At any rate, in my last post I said I'd tell you more about how I got my names. Angelo of course and then my nickname "Swoop!"

Well, it all started last Fall when I was growing in Mommy's tummy. I grew so fast that I made Mommy hungry ALL the time and for specific foods. On a certain day after work Mommy really wanted some Puerto Rican food. So bad that when she asked Daddy to drive her over the bridge, all the way to San Raphael to get the good stuff, he did it without blinking an eye.

For those of you who haven't been to Sol Food, there is a letter posted outside of the restaurant by an uppity Marin resident saying that their bright green restaurant was ugly and he was not going to eat there and would encourage others to do the same. The reason they posted it I guess was to give people in line something to read. You can go there on any given Tuesday afternoon at 3:00 and still have to wait in a sea of people. Anywho, it was signed by some old fart named Angelo.

When Mommy saw the name her eyes got big and she said, "ooohhh...that is the most beautiful name I've ever heard!" That's when Daddy informed her that it was also his grandfather's name. So after saying "Angelo" over and over again all night and all week there was no other name that fit-Angelo it was.

Swoop came about in a totally different way. So there is this book called the "Happiest Baby on the Block." The author talks about the 5 S's to calm a cranky baby. Swaddle, side, swing, suck and shhhh. For some reason when Daddy read the book he thought there was another called swoop. I know right? Like swooping in to kiss me would make me stop crying. Well from then on they added swoop to make 6 s's and I've been swooped ever since.

The best part is now I get to swoop Mommy and Daddy. It's now a game where I peer around the corner when one of them is not looking to say "Hi" or I sneak up behind them to give them a kiss. Ok, it's a little dorky but watch the video and you'll see what I mean. Better yet, come on over to get swooped and you'll be part of the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment