Friday, April 18, 2014

It's busy being three


There's a lot to do in Portland! Here's what I've been up to since I've turned three. We visited the science museum which has a great kids area and went to the Tulip festival! They had a rolly slide and a million tractors to drive! This past weekend my old buddies Danny and Carolyn came to visit with me and we played tennis and ate a doughnut voo-doo doll. I ate his hand and face. Then we went to Smith Rock State Park and went hiking and rock-climbing. I brought my harness but decided I'd rather wait until PG opens to climb a purple wall! Mommy and Daddy were so proud of me though, I kept myself busy at the park "gardening" with my belay gloves, throwing rocks into the river, and using Danny's binoculars. The best part of the trip was either the pit-potty (it had wood chips I could put in after I peed for compost!) or maybe the cabin we stayed in. They had a whole desert I could run around in. As long as I didn't pick up any snakes I could do whatever I wanted. On the other side there was a golf course and I got to putt a few holes. I did such a good job following directions that Mommy and Daddy said I can go on lots more climbing trips with them--yippie!


play date
play date
Above is the kids floor of the public library in Vancouver, WA. Below is POA cafe where they have great eats for grown-ups (and Sailer Jerry!) and lots of play stuff for me!


 Those were all special days but my regular days are pretty special too. Mommy met some nice friends for me and we usually hang out in the mornings (except for Tuesday since that's my Music Together class, and always after I do my yoga). We do a playgroup at someone's house, visit the library, go to a park or kid friendly cafe, or even hike. It's a bit exhausting for an introvert like me, but hey I'm seeing a lot! Then, after nap time we go to my favorite park--the Madeline School! They have a turf soccer field, toddler hoops, and the best rock-climbing wall ever! I even get to practice for Ninja Warrior!  

Learning how to play ski-ball was so much fun, Daddy said I can go again I just have to go to the hair salon to get my hair cut. I'm not sure why but apparently, the hair cut lady has tickets for the arcade there. So, if I get up the nerve to visit her she'll give me the tickets and we can go. Dad asks me all the time but I'm still not ready. 


So, I've added more photos to my gallery to the right. You can see me eating my birthday cupcake, Daddy making pasta for one, and a view of Mt. Hood from Mt. Tabor at sunset! And, in case you are a die-hard soccer fan here are some more videos of me.











No comments:

Post a Comment