Thursday, March 13, 2014

Getting settled in

Hooray! Mommy heard from our first choice preschool today--I got in! Starting in September I'll be in a Spanish immersion preschool M, T, and Th. Can't wait!

Speaking of Spanish, what's this all about Portland being Whitelandia? There's nothing but diversity as far as I can see. So far at least half of the friends I'm meeting on the playground have mommies that were born in another country. There's a ton of diversity here. Not as much as San Francisco mind you, but plenty more than the suburbs where Mommy and Daddy grew up.

Our days have been filled with me helping Daddy put together furniture, finishing up shopping for our new house, and of course exploring! We've already been to the Children's museum and lots of parks. There is a huge park about 15-20 minutes walk from my house but it's worth the walk. They have everything! A splash pad for the summer, soccer goals, great big trees, and lots of new playground equipment. I can hardly wait until summer when I can run through the water every day! Here's some picks of Irving Park.


I'm also signed up for a music class on Tuesday mornings. They don't start until April but I'm really looking forward to it. It's at the senior center a few blocks from my house. We have a Music Together curriculum with the seniors and after class, play with one another. I miss my grandparents so I'm hoping a little time with these folks will cheer me up.

So far we have four visitors scheduled with flights (April, May, July, Sept), four more for sure visiting with no flights booked yet, and several friends and family that say they want to come too. Wow-should be a busy summer! If you're planning on coming you might want to pick your weekend so it's not taken!

 So, what else is new... OH! Get this; Mommy and Daddy are crazy. They've been sneaking into my bedroom at night and cutting my hair. I know, right? Cray cray. If you're not aware I've been refusing to get my haircut for about 9-months. Turns out my fro full of curls is not welcome anymore so they've been snipping away at it while I sleep. Looks like they'll need at least 3 more days to even it out but even as blotchy as it looks, it actually looks better than it did when they started. Oh man, what am I'm going to do about those two? Okay, that's all to report now. I'll try and post my new 'do when it's done.


Also, here is one more video to share-it's from the Children's Museum of Phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment