Thursday, October 23, 2014

Hola!

Hola everyone! I wanted to let everyone know that school has been a lot of fun lately. Currently, we're learning about our bodies. Yesterday I got to put together a skeleton (or el esqueleto as my teacher calls it), make a lung out of a balloon and watch it inhale and exhale, and color pictures of my organs and then put them in a skeleton casing. I used to miss mom a lot when I went to school but after just a few days home from Michigan I decided I really liked it. No more tears from me!

Oh ya, Michigan and Ohio were a lot of fun. I can't believe how much I get to learn and do when I visit my grandparents. I got to do potsy (Bocce ball), golf, pickle-ball, make (and eat!) apple-pie, go to a pumpkin patch, play bongos, go to the zoo, riding on a boat, eating marshmallows for the first time, (marshmallow take 2), and see my aunts, uncles, great aunts, great uncles, and cousins.

















Now that I'm home I'm keeping busy with my routine:

Monday: school and the children's museum with friends
Tuesday: school and the library and music class
Wednesday: free day with mom (errands) and then gymnastics class
Thursday: school
Friday: playgroup (we went on a cool hike last week where we got to jump in a ton of leaves!)
Sat: fun day with dad while mom does something fun like hike or a dance class
Sun: park or science museum depending on the weather and then swim class


Oh man--you've got to see this new park! It's called Westmoreland nature playground. It's my new favorite park in the city. First, they have all of these really unique climbing structures like logs, boulders, and stacked tree trunks made especially for little climbers. Then, they have tons of big branches where kids can make their own forts! My favorite though is the sandpit. Well, it's not a sandpit exactly...it's a carnival of mud, sand, and water! There's a pump I can fill my bucket
with and other water features that create
these cool rivers in the play area. Kids can use the blocks to create dams or just use the mud to build sandcastles with all of the toys that are part of the park.  I've only been there twice but I've spent a total of 8 hours there if that gives you any indication how much I like this place. Since it's going to be a little bit wetter and colder for the winter, I made sure to put a rain suit on my Christmas wish list
this year. That way I can play there all year and not get cold.

Ya, I'm having a lot of fun right now with all of my activities. I'm making progress in swimming (floated on my back for the first time and held on to a large floaty dumbbell while Miss Grace took me around the pool with me kicking!) and gymnastics. It's a lot of fun for Mom to watch me grow; she comes to all of my classes. I wish Daddy could come but he's been really busy lately building the rock climbing gym. They just set the opening date-November first! 11/1 is a lucky number so that's pretty cool.

Mommy has climbed there twice already and said it's INSANE! Her friend Brianna wouldn't stop saying, "WOW" when she walked in. Like for a full minute. It's really something. Daddy is going to be on the news or something next Wednesday to promote it. All of Daddy's friends from San Francisco are flying in this week to see it too. He's really busy right now but he told me he'd show it to me once it was all finished and there were some nice routes for me to try.

So...I'll try to check in after my Halloween party with my friends tomorrow. I was going to be a lumberjack but then decided to be...oh you'll just have to wait to find out.

P.S. I'm too young for peaches





























No comments:

Post a Comment